Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Tanks

Two tank walls complete, one more to go. The third will be complete before Christmas. After New Years the waterproof plaster will be applied and then the roof will be built for all three.

I am leaving for Tanzania tomorrow and will spend three weeks there. The first week will be spent work related looking at a water project and doing some work prior to applying for funding. The second 2 weeks will be spent climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. I'm getting excited but a bit nervous. It will definetely be one of the most demanding things I have done to date. It's good I'm going to be on a mountain soon because it just doesn't feel like Christmas right now. But Christmas day I will be about half way to the summit, around 4000m elevation and should be summiting on the 27th if all goes well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!


Bushenyi Sediment Tank, 10,000 L








Rushayo Reservoir Tank, 24,000 L

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude, just wanted to say thanks for the letter. I had Jillian read it to me over the phone. I'm in the field right now so I didn't get it directly. Sounds like you're having a blast. How did you get those awesome rafting pics? Let me know how the mountain hike goes. Should be quite a physical test.

Dan

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home